Monday, March 30, 2009

Where Have You Been All My Life?


If you're anything like me (and I think you are), the first thing you do upon waking up after a long night of alcohol-induced fun is make a beeline for your Outboxes-- Gmail, Facebook, text message, the works. "What new and embarrassing information did I pass along in the wee hours of the morning this time?" I'll wonder. Most of the time it's harmless stuff that just amuses morning-after me, but there's always the occasional terrible mistake of an email that gets fired off when my judgment is at its worst.

Problem solved?

Slate discusses this today, pointing out a hilariously awesome Gmail feature I didn't know about-- Mail Goggles.

Mail Goggles
Okay, put aside the obvious issues that A) I'm terrible at simple math problems even while sober and wide awake, and B) I'm capable of using the calculator on my Dashboard even when drunk and sleepy. A mail feature that makes it that much more difficult for us to make damned drunken fools out of ourselves? Big Brother really is looking out for us.

Of course, this does nothing to stop the rampant rash of 3-in-the-morning text messages. What can I say? I have chatty thumbs.

2 comments:

Julia R said...

My, what chatty thumbs you have!

Amy said...

Sometimes they are beyond my control. Watch out for rogue thumb texts.